Dear Early Educators,
We are excited to share an opportunity for advanced graduate study in early education research, policy and practice. The Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, through its Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant award, funded the University of Massachusetts Boston to deliver an innovative post master’s certificate program to a total of 45 early educators across the state. The 12 credit – four course certificate provides early educators who already have a bachelor’s and master’s degree with the opportunity for advanced study in early education research methods, policy, leadership, and the science of child development and early learning.
The courses are delivered in a “blended” format both online and face to face between September 2014 and August 2015. Face to face sessions are held in Worcester on Saturdays. The grant covers the full cost of tuition, books, and a stipend. Eligible candidates for the program will be educators with a bachelor’s and master’s degree who work with young children birth to age five, or in out-of-school-time programs up to age 8, in EEC-licensed (or license-exempt) programs. These programs include family child care settings, child care and early education programs including public school preschools, Head Start and Early Head Start, early intervention, and after school programs.
Who should apply to the Post Master’s Certificate Program?
- Early Educators working with young children birth to age 5 (or to age 8 in out-of-school time)
- Educators that hold both a bachelor’s and master’s degree
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and a legal resident that our residents of Massachusetts
Please note: If you do not meet these eligibility criteria for this grant-funded cohort, please consider applying in 2014-15 for the next year. The estimated cost of the program inclusive of tuition & fees is around $8000.00. For more detailed information on how to apply before the deadline of March 1, 2014 visit http://postmastersechd.wikispaces.com/
Follow the three step application process:
- complete an online survey found at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1396896/EERPP-PMC2014
- Fill in your information at the online UMass Boston Graduate application found at http://www.umb.edu/admissions/grad/apply
- Complete online survey by March 1, 2014th to have the $60 application fee paid for by the grant
Program & Research Specialist
Post Master’s Certificate: http://postmastersechd.wikispaces.com/